Granada – Urban Qualities to Indicator Data Acquisition Inquiry
5.1. ALHAMBRA / GENERALIFE
Spiritual Livable Space
– One photo that best expresses each quality (to Google Drive Space + Post) Name the quality in the file_Material. (Zoom as much as possible).
5.2. PROJECT DEFINITION –
THESIS TITLE (two words)
5.3. City Scale Diagram, Granada with neighborhoods and urban rooms
5.4. Neighborhood Scale Diagrams (3): Bajo Albaicin, Alta Albaicin, 20th / 21st C
– Communicate the perception of your urban experience and highlight the four spaces we passed through.
5.5. Plaza / Placeta Scale Diagrams
5.5.1. My Maps export as KML to CSV
5.5.2. Digitize your data inputting values by hand to CSV
5.5.3. Redraw by hand your Placetas developing a visual language for your data values (ex. Circle diameter , line thickness, line length, etc.) Include a legend.
5.5.4. Data 1: Map indicator, placeta, coding abstract diagram for each indicator and space.
- Digitize (photograph and Photoshop) your diagrams drawn in Granada…upload separately. Add swatches of material photos.
- Grasshopper OSM CSV digital drawing of hand drawings. +Add a small abstract diagram of the outline and emergent pattern ++Begin an icon per quality. +++TRY A DIFFERENT VISUAL LANGUAGE PER QUALITY/INDICATOR (see post Berkeley, MIT, GSD)
- Add data-gathering notes for each placeta: a) limits / challenges, b) observations and c) speculative findings / assertions.
5.5.5. Data 2 (ibid)
5.5.6. Data 3 (ibid)
5.5.7. Data 4 (ibid)
Above: add more detail, line vectors instead of fills, does not have to be circles